6 SPOTS TO SNORKEL IN IBIZA
Some love to sunbathe on the deck of one of our private boats while others are longing to don their diving masks and start to chase fish under the sea. If you’re in the second group, read about these snorkelling spots on the western coast of Ibiza and enjoy a wonderful day diving with your friends or family.
Is Ibiza a good destination for snorkelling?
The waters in Ibiza are excellent for snorkelling and diving, as the light there means you can see up to 40 metres down. Also, the sea temperature in the summer is between 20 to 24 ºC. You will find rocky walls that are home to countless species or extensive posidonia meadows, which is a precious ecosystem that gives refuge to sponges, starfish, molluscs, sea horses, sea bass, moray eels, sea breams, red snappers...
Which is the best package for a day out diving and relaxing in the sea?
Among the private boat trips provided by Sunset Boats Ibiza, we recommend the Family Time cruise. It lasts 5 hours, so there’s plenty of time to practice whichever activities you’d like to do, including diving, as the price of the trip includes gear for snorkelling.
Where can one dive on the western coast of Ibiza?
You can snorkel on whichever beach you visit, as the fish in Ibiza usually hang out very near the seashore, especially in coves enclosed by rocky walls or on more open beaches with rocky areas. But the variety of sea fauna and flora increases the further away you go from the shoreline, so renting a private boat is a very interesting option for those who love to snorkel. Some of the most recommendable places on the western coast of Ibiza where you can don your diving mask are:
- Cala Molí: this area on the western coast has cliffs and nooks where fishes seek refuge.
- Cala Llentia: with a small sandy area that is quite hard to reach, this cove is ideal to chase fish under the sea.
- Bahía de Xarraca: one of the best spots on the north-eastern coast to put on your diving mask.
- Cala Vadella: you can spot many fish on the shoreline here, so just imagine how many you’ll find at the entrance to the cove!
- Cala Bassa and Cala Conta: between these two beaches, there are several coves that can’t be accessed on foot so you will want to drop the anchor for a long while here.
- Punta Galera: another fantastic spot on the San Antonio coast where you will be able to enjoy the underwater beauty of this island.
Are you looking for a private diving baptism in Ibiza?
Sunset Boats ofers you the chance to enjoy a private diving experience of 20 minutes up to 6 mt /18 ft, always under supervision of a Padi Instructor. The Instructor will teach you in our diving boat the basic concepts of diving and you will start from shallow waters and going deeper, slowly and gradually. During these experience, you will follow the Instructors in a calm small bay with visibilities of 30 meters and without currents and will see medium size coloured rock fish, star fish, octopus, squids and other sea life in their wild habitat. Check our rates for these amazing experience and make your reservation today!
Are you organizing a stag party in Ibiza?
Book a boat trip with Sunset Boats, discover the San Antonio coast and make a toast with our complimentary Premium drinks.